Andrew T. Piskorski
115 Hawthorne Village Road
Nashua, NH 03062-2278
This resume is current as of the date in the upper right hand corner.
The most recent version is available at
Software developer with extensive experience with relational database
and web-enabled systems, excellent writing skills, good financial
knowledge and familiarity, strong team player yet with proven ability
to handle leadership and independent responsibility, customer focus
and engineering orientation. Knows when to act and when to ask, quick
and adaptive learner with a curiosity for technology, with ability to
rapidly understand and apply ramifications of new knowledge.
- Extensive experience building relational database applications:
Data modeling, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, interfacing to web front-ends,
dynamic SQL query generation and data retrieval from S-Plus or R,
- Excellent technical and general writer. Noted for quality of
code and comments, documentation, and specifications.
- C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, S-Plus, R, Tcl, Bourne shell, sed, awk,
Oracle DBA, UNIX sysadmin tasks (Solaris, Linux), AOLserver,
OpenACS, CVS, version control and configuration management, etc.
Delphi Capital Management: July 2001 - present
- In collaboration with four coworkers, built and used in-house
suite of quantitative investment tools, including: statistical
backtesting, portfolio optimization, performance attribution, alpha
transport, strategy blending, etc.
- Designed and implemented high-performance, multi-threaded,
cross-platform (UNIX and Windows) interface to a major commercial
financial data feed via its C API, used daily in mission critical
hedge fund operations and research.
- Designed and implemented automated order construction,
submission, and tracking system, which automatically and reliably:
Received intraday trade signals (e.g., "go short") from model;
selected basket of equities to trade based on real-time market data;
submitted order to broker's automated system; retrieved broker
- Clarified requirements and helped recruit for both an internal
R&D co-worker, and external back-office automation consultants.
- Evaluated TimeSquare time-series RDBMS and associated data
management tools - FinTime benchmarking, comparison vs. Oracle for
our needs, etc.
ArsDigita Corp., Cambridge, Mass.: May 2000 - July 2001
Senior Developer, July 2000 - July 2001
Developer, May 2000 - July 2000
- Technical Lead on project to provide online subscription-based
access to multi gigabytes of proprietary proteomic (genes and
proteins) data, with per-user access control and tracking,
semi-automated subscription and purchase order handling, etc.
Involved from start of project specification through design,
implementation, and successful delivery and acceptance by client.
- Developer and then Technical Lead for Muniversal.com, an online
web-based market for municipal bonds, featuring anonymous trading,
automatic order matching and execution, real-time market data feeds,
real-time re-pricing of orders based on financial analytics, etc.
National Semiconductor, South Portland, Maine: June 1997 - April 2000
Photolithography Process Engineer
- Responsible for seven dual robot semiconductor wafer processing
systems, and critical dimension statistical process control for all
CMOS I-line metal layers.
- Built UNIX scripts for automation of engineering tasks, many
still in regular use by photolithography group 5+ years later.
Provided group UNIX (Solaris, SCO) support and maintenance.
- Proposed, designed, and implemented lithography chemical
(resist) change on 0.4 micron CMOS process, saving state of the art
manufacturing site approx. $100k / year in chemical costs alone.
- Recognized for proactive improvement of processes, procedures,
and specifications. Originated and maintained specs. used daily by
photolithography manufacturing group.
GFS Manufacturing, Dover, New Hampshire: Summer 1996, Spring 1997
Technician responsible for research, acquisition, and testing of
materials (epoxies, etc.) for encapsulation of ferrite core magnetics.
for use in heart defibrillators, military avionics, surgical lasers,
Kosciuszko Foundation, Poland: July 1995
Volunteer Teaching Assistant at summer English language camp in Ilawa,
Level III candidate in the CFA Program; passed the Level I and II
Certified Financial Analyst examinations.
University of New Hampshire, Durham
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, Cum Laude, May 1997
- Received Engineer in Training, Serial No. 3429, June
1997, by New Hampshire State Board of Professional Engineers
- 1992 SAT scores: 780 Verbal, 690 Math.
Technical University of Budapest, Hungary
- Fall 1995 on exchange from UNH, Chemical Engineering coursework
University of Southern Maine, Portland
- Computer Science coursework, 1998 - 1999,
- including classes on Algorithms, Discrete Math and
Propositional Logic, and Data Structures.
Spoke and wrote German at competent intermediate level; currently
Available upon request.